Fraud can and does happen with frightening regularity. Managing exposure to fraud and rooting out fraudulent activity through fraud investigation isn’t just good business practice — it’s a requirement under many regulatory frameworks. Whether you need expertise to prevent fraud or recover from it, we can help with expert fraud investigation and fraud prevention services.
Avoid the cost and embarrassment of fraud.
Our specialized Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE’s) and Certified Public Accountants (CPA’s) can implement a fraud review and prevention program that will help you avoid costly and embarrassing instances of fraud.
Get back to business quickly with a fraud investigation.
If you are a victim of fraud, we can respond immediately, conducting independent investigations, advising you every step of the way, and helping to ensure that your business stabilizes and returns to normal operation.
Our fraud investigation and prevention SERVICES include:
Fraud Prevention and Detection.
Our solutions reduce fraud exposure and deter threats through proven risk management strategies. We can:
- Perform a complete fraud exposure analysis.
- Identify current and potential high risk areas.
- Perform a pre-SEC special fraud investigation and analysis.
- Identify the underlying factors that motivate individuals to commit fraud.
- Recommend appropriate business controls.
Fraud Investigation and Forensic Services.
We perform internal and external fraud investigation to uncover fraud schemes, assess their impact, enable prosecution efforts and develop strengthened safeguards. Our experts will:
- Identify parties involved and prepare a list of individuals/companies which might have received benefits.
- Interview suspects to obtain information and confessions.
- Investigate the accounting trail of fraudulent transactions.
- Obtain and secure documentation/evidence.
Expert Witness Testimony and Litigation Support
Many cases are won or lost during discovery. Our fraud investigation accountants can help:
- Advise lawyers about the types of records to request.
- Establish causation of damages when searching for improprieties.
- Uncover hidden assets or fraudulent conveyances.
- Detect fraud or embezzlement.
- Discuss complicated evidence and concepts in a concise and clear manner.
- Testify about accounting matters.
- Identify potential witnesses.
- Assist in formulating cross examination questions.
- Identify hidden assets and transactions.
Fraud Investigation Case Studies
Our fraud review and prevention program has helped organizations avoid costly and embarrassing instances of fraud. GAP has provided financial and investigative capabilities to respond immediately and comprehensively to any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing.
View the fraud investigation case studies.